This is yet another gift for my precious baby-girl, that I made in summer 2014. I used cotton yarn and had plenty of left-over to make a headband and a summer hat to go with it.
After a couple of dresses that I knitted for the daughter of my friends, I started to get a couple of orders here and there. This particular order was a lesson for me. And not in a good way.
My bigger projects are usually dresses and blankets, sometimes cardigans. However, almost every single project increases the pile of left-over yarn. After stocking 3 boxes with yarns for specific project I haven’t yet had time for and also leftovers from already accomplished knits, I just ran out of space. My solution was, that every time I finish a baby-project, I also knit the left-overs into socks and/or mittens. So far so good, I’d say:)
The second Estonian dress I made last summer (2014), was the first ever order from a person I did not previously know. It was a proud, yet really scary moment. On the request of the customer, I was using cotton, a material that I wasn’t very familiar with (I have mostly used merino wool) and I was so unsure if I could make the dress that exactly matches my customer’s vision. To top it all – the dress was for a bit older child and so far I had only made dresses for newborns.